[OpenWrt-Devel] Reducing the root file system in openwrt

Arjav Parikh parikharjav24 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 07:00:31 EST 2018

Hi Ronaldo,

I am building firmware for IPQ806x platform. I have been able to
reduce my firmware image from 22 MB to 10 MB  by disabling unwanted
kernel modules and libraries using make menuconfig.

But there are files in root-ipq806x/lib/fimrware directory of approx
size 4.4 MB. I do not require any of the files present in this
directory. I tried to remove those files by removing its entry from
root-ipq806x/usr/lib/opkg/info/wigig-firmware.list assuming that on
next build these files wont appear but still the files are there in
/lib/firmware directory.
By removing these files I can further reduce filesystem by 4 MB.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Arjav Parikh